BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
There are many benefits to having remedial massage. These include:
- Relaxation/Stress Reduction
- Helps with conditions such as sciatica, shoulder impingement, plantar fasciitis, Temporomandibular Jaw Pain (TMJ), tennis elbow, golfers elbow, tendonitis, headaches, inflammation,oedema, sore neck, sore back, spinal disc issues, inflexibility and many more. (Click on condition to read more).
- Improving recovery time for soft tissue injuries, breaking up scar tissue that can make the injury recur over time.
- Stretches and lengthens muscle fibres bringing about a sense of freeness in muscles and joints.
- Can help to improve posture through postural assessment. Finding the tight areas and releasing them as well as strengthening the weak areas. Postural taping and awareness are also incorporated.
- Improves Range of Motion in joints.
- Balancing muscle groups through releasing contracted muscles and strengthening weak muscles through exercises.
- Prevention of soft tissue (muscle) injuries such as tears and "pulled" muscles as well as joint sprains.
- Reduces / eliminates tension headaches and cervicogenic headaches naturally without medication.
- Removal / reduction of trigger points (knots).
- Preparation for sporting events such as marathons or triathalons.
- Moves Lymphatic fluids around the body helping to maintain a healthy immune system.
- Breaking up Scar Tissue in muscles and connective tissue that can allow for freer movement of muscles and connective tissue.
- Promoting a sense of Well Being.
- Becoming more in tune with you body - knowing where there is tension and where there is no tension.